Its history starts from the settlement of a first nucleus of the city consists of Ligurian tribes around the tenth century BC and from the second century B.C. is subdued by the Romans. The first real urban center we have in the fourth century AD to form a common defense against attacks – in order – the barbarian Odoacer and Theodoric, the Byzantine Belisarius, the Burgundian Gundobald and the Lombards. Then it was the domain of Charlemagne, and remained there until the creation of the “Marca del Monferrato”. Already at that time Valenza was a wealthy and flourishing hub thanks to its port on the Po river, which allowed him to important trade which linked the flourishing agriculture. This richness was hard hit by the emergence of Alexandria, and this forced her to submit to the Visconti of Milan, a factor which, however, the more strength making it a point of exchange between Milan and Genoa. There followed the occupation of France and Spain until 1707, when it became the property of the Savoy. He spent nearly a century of growth and prosperity, but the advent of the new France with Napoleon brought her to suffer war and occupation until 1814.
In 1840 Vincenzo Morosetti started the first enterprise in Valenza goldsmith artisan sector that made Valencia the city of gold in Piedmont, first, and then the entire country. In 1890 he joined, to gold, the shoe industry that sees in his pioneer Giovanni Biglieri: new industries, the port, the railway and the inclination to make trade a lively city of Valencia in which newspapers are born , cultural and artistic circles, sports clubs and political groups.
Tourists can now visit a town that is the capital of gold and precious metals, and whose products are exported to a percentage of about 60%, a sign of the great quality of his work. To visit the Church of the Annunciation from the beautiful Baroque façade, Palazzo Shepherd, also in pure baroque of Piedmont, Palazzo Valentino with clean lines and beautiful porch. For those who like to point out that the curiosity in the countryside east of Valencia are the remains of a splendid nineteenth century villa now in ruins, Villa Pastore. Object of interest to many scholars of the paranormal, is said to have been abandoned by the owners because of the dismay caused by the untimely death of his two sons, John and Elisa. Several witnesses refer to the sweet melodies of the piano from the villa, as well as other unexplained events that have occurred over the years.